SEBASTIAN – On Tuesday, the Mandarin Garden Restaurant, located at 13533 U.S. Highway 1 in Roseland, was cited for 15 health inspection violations, state records show.
“Violations require further review, but are not an immediate threat to the public,” the inspector wrote in their notes.
Of the violations and warnings cited Tuesday at The Mandarin Garden Restaurant, 6 were High Priority, 5 were Intermediate, and 4 were Basic.
They are as follows:
- Basic – Ceiling not smooth, nonabsorbent and easily cleanable in food preparation, food storage, warewashing areas or bathroom. **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- Basic – Cutting board has cut marks and is no longer cleanable. **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- Basic – Dead roaches on premises.- observed 1 on shelf by hand wash sink near 3 bin sink and 2 on floor in storage room, 4 under prep sink, 5 under dishwasher, 6 on floor under cooking equipment in kitchen **Warning**
- Basic – Floor soiled/has accumulation of debris.- under cookline equipment **Warning**
- Basic – Floor tiles missing.- in side prep area **Warning**
- Basic – In-use tongs stored on equipment door handle between uses.-oven handle **Corrected On-Site** **Warning**
- Basic – In-use utensil in nonpotentially hazardous (non-time/temperature control for safety) food not stored with handle above top of food within a closed container.- bowl in soy sauce **Warning**
- Basic – Light not functioning.- in kitchen **Warning**
- Basic – Walk-in cooler/freezer shelves with rust that has pitted the surface. **Repeat Violation** **Warning**
- High Priority – Evidence of mop/cleaning wastewater dumped onto ground.- wet mop hanging outside, dripping water on ground **Warning**
- High Priority – Raw animal foods not properly separated from one another based upon minimum required cooking temperature in walk-in freezer – all products not commercially packaged. **Warning**
- High Priority – Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found.- one on wall in server station **Warning**
- High Priority – Stop Sale issued due to adulteration of food product.- ice in ice machine **Warning**
- Intermediate – Manager lacking proof of food manager certification. A list of accredited food manager certification examination providers can be found at http://www.myfloridalicense.com/DBPR/hotels-restaurants/food-lodging/food-manager/ **Warning**
- Intermediate – No proof of required state approved employee training provided for any employees. To order approved program food safety material, call DBPR contracted provider: Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (SafeStaff) 866-372-7233. **Warning**
The Mandarin Garden Restaurant in Sebastian remained opened during its health inspection, and most of the violations were fixed while the inspector was on-site.
NOTE: You can check the entire list of our Cleanest Restaurants and Bars in Sebastian, which has been updated.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2019 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.