SEBASTIAN – It’s about that time of year again in Sebastian and Vero Beach! Students in Indian River County are encouraged to shop for back to school clothes and supplies during the Back-To-School Sales Tax Holiday.
Friday, Aug 3rd, 2108 12:01 a.m. through Sunday, Aug 5th, 2018 11:59 p.m qualifying school supplies will be sales tax-free.
On these days, there will not be any sales tax collected on purchases of footwear, clothing, certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item, and certain school supplies that cost $15 or less per item.
Items that are NOT TAX EXEMPT are as follows:
- Any piece of clothing selling for more than $60;
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
- Books that are not otherwise exempt;
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
- Repairs or alterations of any qualifying items; or
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
The Florida Department of Revenue has outlined everything you need to know in a PDF file that you can download from their website.
Signup for the free Sebastian Daily newsletter for your chance to win free dinners and merchandise!
Copyright 2018 SebastianDaily.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.